Can you believe all the recent celebrity deaths? Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson and I just got an email from CNN Breaking News stating that pitchman, Billy Mays died today. Since I’m not much of a TV person and I despise commercials, I honestly have never heard of the guy before today. I looked him up on Wikipedia, where they had a link to his Twitter page. I thought it might be interesting. What does a guy tweet about when he’s nearing the end of his life?
- Just had a close call landing in Tampa. The tires blew out upon landing. Stuck in the plane on the runway. You can always count on US Air. – Sat, 27 Jun 2009 19:01:09
- Getting ready to fly back to Tampa from Philly. Monday is the big day (HIP REPLACEMENT NO.3) Keep you posted. – Sat, 27 Jun 2009 14:40:05
- Just got done shootong a new product with my production company 4 Blind Mice. – Fri, 26 Jun 2009 21:28:57
- Just finished up a brand new oxi-clean show in Jersey. On my way to Princeton to meet with Arm and Hammer and then to Philly and then hi … – Thu, 25 Jun 2009 19:59:26
- Just got done with the Tonight Show. Had a great time. The episode airs tonight – Wed, 24 Jun 2009 02:21:04
- Just got to Conan’s studio. About to go to the pre-pro meeting. – Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:47:53
- Happy Fathers day. Just relaxing with my wife and daughter in Boca. One more show tomorrow and then Conan on Tuesday. – Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:45:59
- I am attempting my most dangerous demo to date. I am about to repair a scuba divers puntured air hose and bring him safely back from the … – Sat, 20 Jun 2009 14:02:03
- Today is the Big Mighty Brand Shoot. Keep you posted. – Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:36:19
- One commercial down two to go. Tomorrow is the big one the brand new Mighty Product and this one will be the Mightiest of them all I gua … – Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:32:20
- Was just on the .MJ Morning Show live with my son and brother inlaw Dan promoting Pitchmen – Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:26:29
- On my way to Boca Raton to shoot
- . . .
So the guy was clearly living an extraordinary life… a bit strange, but by definition, extraordinary is not ordinary. I don’t know what exactly I was expecting, but I felt a bit let down. Couldn’t he have left us with some words of wisdom? Didn’t he know his time was up? If this sounds disrespectful, I do not mean it to be. I think it is interesting how little we talk about the one thing we all have to look forward to. We don’t know when our time is up, but we all know it will be one day.
I have lots of questions about what the end of life is like in general and what it will specifically be like for me. When someone dies, I think to myself, “Now they know.” For me, I will be adding a new question to my list… “What will my Twitter page look like when I’m gone?”
Posted in: Current Events