At the risk of sounding like Lucy when she returned from Narnia, we are ok. You can stop worrying.
We had our first fire of the season in the fireplace tonight. Unfortunately, the fire got up inside the chimney and flames and sparks were coming out of the chimney. It made me very nervous so I called 911 and told Jeanie and Melody to grab a few valuables and get out. By the time the 4 fire trucks arrived (a few minutes), the flames had died down and it appeared all was well. They checked things out and said everything was ok. Before they left, the gave me a commendation for calling them, thanks for giving them somthing to do and a brief lecture on servicing the fireplace once a year.
Whew! Thanks to God and the fire department.